Transforming lives, Revitalising neighbourhoods

Call us: 0345 112 6600

Paying your rent

AllpayYou’ll need your Allpay payment card and the number to make payments.

Rent is paid weekly in advance and you need to pay by Monday for the following week.New Irvine Allpay card

Your annual rent charge is divided to allow four ‘rent-free’ weeks in the year. You will be advised each year when the ‘rent free’ weeks will be.


In person

You can pay by cash at any Paypoint outlet. To find your nearest Paypoint outlet visit the Paypoint agent locator website. For security reasons, cash payments are not accepted in any of the offices.

You can also pay by debit or credit card, where the retailer allows.

By phone

You can call us on 0845 112 6600 to pay with a debit or credit card.


Allpay Icon

Frequently Asked Questions about Using the Allpay APP

Download For Apple Users

Download For Android Users



You can pay online using a debit or credit card by visiting the Allpay Internet Payments website

By post

You can send a cheque to your local office. Make the cheque payable to Irvine Housing Association and write your name, address and Allpay card number on the back. Remember, you will need to send your cheque well in advance as there is a delay in crediting your account.

You can also pay a cheque into the Post Office®.

Please remember that credit cards may charge interest which could add to the cost of your rent.

Direct Debit

Payment can be taken automatically from your bank account weekly or monthly, so you don’t need to remember to pay your rent.  Call us on 0845 112 6600 to arrange this over the telephone.

Standing Order

As with a Direct Debit, your rent will be paid automatically. Contact us for a form, fill it in and send it to your bank or building society.

Housing Benefit

You can ask Housing Benefit to pay us direct. This may cover all or part of your rent. Contact us to see if you are entitled and we can help you make a claim and process it quickly.

It’s up to you to make sure that your claim is accurate, with all the relevant documents. You are responsible for any debt that builds up in the meantime.

Struggling to make payments?

If you’re struggling to make payments, we want to help before things get on top of you. We could help you access benefits and support services, borrow or save money, or put you in contact with someone else who can help.

For independent advice, you can call the National Debt Helpline on 0808 808 4000.

If you have any problems paying your rent, please get in touch and get help.

Read our Rent Arrears - We're Here to Help! leaflet

What happens if your rent does not get paid?

If you fail to pay your rent, you could damage your credit rating, not be allowed a transfer, receive an unsatisfactory reference and eventually lose your home… and you will still owe the rent debt.

It’s really important that you get in touch with us as early as possible to discuss any problems and arrange a repayment plan. If we have to resort to court applications, it could be too late.

The process we will follow

We follow a firm but fair procedure for failure to pay. A summary is shown here, but the full procedure and leaflets are available on request.

If you do not pay, or payments are short, we will make several attempts to contact you. If you don’t respond or stick to a payment plan, we will serve notice on you.
This is the start of legal action to remove you from your home.

If you still fail to respond or stick to a payment agreement, we will apply to court to take possession of your home. You may be given the chance to agree an arrangement to pay off your debt. If not, or if you do not stick to the arrangement, you will be evicted.

Read our Eviction - What happens? leaflet for further information.

Healthy Working Lives IIP   Best Companies accredited organisation   Scotland's Best Employer Logo Facebook logo  Part of Riverside Logo

Irvine Housing Association Limited is a non-profit Housing Association, registered under the Industrial and Provident Societies Act 1965.
Registration No. 2459 R(S) and Registered with The Scottish Housing Regulator No. HAL 280. Registered Scottish Charity No. SC042251