What is The Wilmslow Area Accommodation Project?
We offer temporary accommodation and support for homeless single men and women with a history of offending, dependency issues or other support needs.
The Wilmslow Area Accommodation Project provides a safe and welcoming environment over three sites in Wilmslow, Macclesfield and Knutsford.
- Self-contained, fully furnished flats with fully equipped kitchens, or shared housing with communal facilities
- A large garden you can help maintain and grow vegetables
- Communal space with IT facilities
- A dedicated Support Worker with one-to-one support and tailored support plans to help you make informed decisions about your housing needs and your future
- Help accessing benefits, education and training
- Signposting to external agencies for specific support for addiction and dependency issues
- Activities and teaching in life-skills, such as cooking on a budget and healthy eating, as well as pottery and art classes
How it works
Our aim is to help you move on to independent living, whether it be social housing or with a private landlord.
Referrals are from the Local Authority. We cater for single men and women aged 18 to 65.
Getting the most out of our service
- We’ll work with you to help you pursue your interests and fulfil your potential, whether it be sourcing voluntary work or training opportunities.
- We encourage your participation and ideas, we want you to have ownership and be involved.
- Moving-on, we will help you find your new home and support with tenancy applications. We can also help you get on your feet with assistance such as helping you furnish your new home.
Why we are different
We offer more than just housing. We understand it takes confidence to get back into society and an independent life. We’ll give you the tools you need to build your self-esteem and independence, empowering you to move on positively into your future.