What is Cambridge Mental Health Community Support?
Cambridge Mental Health Community Support provides support for adults aged 18 or over with mental health issues who need help to maintain their accommodation and who are not already supported by NHS mental health services.
We help people with mental health issues such as depression, schizophrenia, bi-polar and personality disorder.
- A personal support worker who will visit your home when it’s convenient for you, including evenings.
- One-to-one support with a personalised support plans and structured programmes for those struggling with day-to-day issues
- Learning and training support, with signposting to relevant courses, third-party charity orgnaisations and work opportunities.
How it works
The service is available across Cambridge City, South Cambridgeshire, East Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire and Fenland.
You can access this support service by referral from a range of agencies. These can include supported housing providers, outreach teams, social care agencies and psychiatric hospitals. They can submit a referral form on your behalf – which can be obtained from our Mental Health Community Support and Prevention Team.
Email: [email protected]
Getting the most out of our service
- We help develop a tailored and coordinated support plan, working with you and all those who support you
- Services can include identifying employment opportunities or courses to grow individual development
- We don’t just offer advice, we develop working strategies for you to use to help you cope with daily struggles
Why we are different
Finding and keeping a place to stay is really important to providing a stable base in life. Our team are used to helping people just like you, and can visit you in your own home to offer help and advice about all sorts of things to do with housing.
Our support goes beyond just housing. We can help you become more confident and independent by working with you on your emotional needs and coping strategies. We can also work with you to look at education, training and work opportunities.
Cherry House, 224 Victoria Road, Cambridge CB4 3LG
Telephone: 01223 352 718