Wharf House, Wharf Road, Doncaster, DN1 2ST.
What is Wharf House?
Wharf House provides accommodation and support for single, homeless people, aged 16 or over in the Doncaster area. Our support team also have a wealth of experience working with vulnerable adults and supporting homeless people with complex support needs.
By working with you, and in partnership with local agencies, you’ll get the support you need to boost your confidence and move towards living independently in your own home.
You’ll get a 24-hour structured, support plan tailored to your needs. The plan will include building practical and social skills to encourage independence within our relaxed and friendly environment.
As part of your experience at Wharf House you’ll get the opportunity to work with The Places of Change service. This provides education and training opportunities to enhance life skills ahead of your move into independent accommodation. You will find an outline of the other parts of our service below.
- Dedicated support worker offering one-to-one support with budgeting, accessing education, training and employment opportunities and managing a tenancy.
- Activities to promote customer involvement and life skills like cooking on a budget and healthy living sessions.
- Direct access accommodation places for homeless people in urgent need of housing.
- You can self-refer to our direct access services.
- Two meals per day for customers supported by the direct access accommodation spaces.
- 16 ensuite rooms with shared kitchen facilities.
- Training kitchen and workshop space.
- Communal lounge and gardens.
Who we can help
We can help you if you’re single, aged 16 and above, live in the Doncaster area and are homeless or at risk of homelessness. You can contact us for help for direct access services. Local agencies and professionals can also refer you to our services.
Tel: 01302 558010