How we help at Booker House
Booker House provides supported housing in Swindon to people with Learning Disabilities. Our friendly and comfortable scheme will help you lead a happy life.
- Self-contained flats with own bathroom and kitchen
- Communal lounge for social gatherings and activities
- Communal gardens with raised herb and flower boxes to facilitate those with physical difficulties
- One-to-one Support Worker who will work with you to develop a tailored Support Plan, with support sessions and reviews
- 24-hour Helpline and Customer Service Centre via pull cord system for assistance and emergencies
- One-to-one and group daily life skills sessions on issues such as banking, shopping and healthy eating
- Support to attend outside agency appointments, e.g. doctor, hospital, dental
- Practical advice or sign-posting to outside agencies and support for training, job or volunteering opportunities
- Assistance with holidays in UK or abroad as needed.
How it works
Booker House accepts referrals from the Local Authority. You must be aged 18 or above with diagnosed Learning Disabilities.
We will help identify a move-on plan to general living or other specific supported accommodation required via liaison with local housing association or private landlords.
Getting the most out of our service
- Our focus is on supporting you learn new skills, more confidence and to build self-esteem and independence.
- We work hard to ensure we partner with as many clubs in the local area as possible to offer a wide range of activities.
- We work towards enabling you to maintain a tenancy in a healthy and safe environment, and to tap into outside agencies which can support your life in the wider community.
Why we are different
We’re keen to always promote a happy, friendly and comfortable environment for customers which is why the staff regularly organise trips out and activities.
Alongside bespoke one-to-one support, the team is accessible anytime during office hours to ensure only the best support is delivered.
T: 01793 613776
Booker House, Upham Road, Swindon, Wiltshitre, SN3 1DH