What we do with your information
Riverside* needs to collect and use personal data about its customers (tenants, leaseholders, residents, other service users and applicants), board members, contractors and employees, in order to serve its customers and manage its resources effectively.
Riverside will respect the privacy and information rights of individuals and process this personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA).
- We will record personal data about you and may use it for: property management; accounts and records; staff, agent and contractor administration and engagement; relevant welfare services, advice and support; customer, staff and asset security; and research. This may include disclosing your information to our service providers and agents in limited and controlled circumstances for these purposes.
- We may disclose your personal data for relevant reasons to other organisations we work with, such as Local Authorities, Social Services, the Police and other enforcement agencies, other landlords and referral/support agencies or Government agencies, credit reference agencies and utility companies. Disclosure in such cases will be in accordance with agreed data protection agreements or information-sharing protocols. Sharing your personal data will only be done when there is a compelling reason to do so. We will not sell your information on for direct marketing purposes.
- To check your identity, to prevent fraud and to help us to make decisions about you, we may seek references and search the files of credit reference agencies who will record any credit searches on your file. The information obtained may be used to assist a discussion about your ability to pay the rent charge or to
purchase a property.
- If our staff or agents obtain allegations or evidence of violent or abusive behaviour towards our staff, agents or customers, this may be recorded. In the interests of health and safety this information may be disclosed to agents acting on our behalf.
- To make sure we follow your instructions correctly and to improve our service to you through training of our staff, calls you make to us may be monitored and recorded.
If you would like to know more about your information rights, the Data Protection Act, or your right to see information we hold about you, please visit the website www.riverside.org.uk or email email@example.com or call us on 0345 111 0000.
*The Riverside Group Limited and its associated companies