Volunteering at Riverside
Giving your time as a volunteer can be extremely rewarding which is why we have a wide range of roles for you to choose from.
Why become a Volunteer?
Volunteering can have a positive impact on your community and it can have a lot of benefits for you too. Here are just a few reasons why it’s a great idea to join in:
Volunteering is good for you –
- It reduces stress and makes you healthier.
- You gain work experience.
- You can get a work reference to add to your CV (Employers would generally recruit a candidate with volunteering experience over one without).
- Practice time-keeping and personal presentation ready for work.
- Access qualifications.
- Make new friends.
- Grow self-esteem and confidence.
- Discover new skills and hobbies.
Volunteering is good for others –
- Volunteering provides valuable community services so more money can be spent on local improvements.
- You can give something back to the community you care about.
- You can make a difference. Whether it’s supporting someone with getting online, mentoring or community clean-ups, it adds up.
- Volunteering with a local community group is a great way to build your skills and experience.
Why does Riverside work with volunteers?
- To bring a new perspective and skills to our teams.
- To increase community engagement in our neighbourhoods.
- To extend and enhance the work we do.
- To add value and help us to extend the services we offer.
- To give customers and others valuable work experience and transferable skills.
What do I need to think about before volunteering?
Volunteering is a positive experience but not something to take on without considering the time and effort involved:
- Time – Decide how much time you want to give. Do you want to make a weekly commitment, when is the best day/time for this?
- Your qualities – Read our role descriptions and check if you fit what we’re looking for.
- Travel and other expenses – Work out how you will travel to and from the location and how much travel will cost. Sometimes your travel expenses are paid for but it’s not always the case so it’s best to ask about this.
How can I volunteer with Riverside?
People from all walks of life volunteer in a range of roles which include Internet Buddies, Volunteer translators, Employment and Training support volunteers, Gate Buddies, and Street Buddies. We are always looking for customers to volunteer in our formal involvement structures to improve our housing and neighbourhood services so contact us if you would like to take part, roles include:
- Board observer.
- Tenant Inspectors.
- Scrutiny Panel.
- Customer Panel.
Help us improve Riverside.org.uk
Was this information helpful?