As we resume some of our repairs services and work through our backlog, we want to reassure you that we are following all the latest government advice and guidelines on how to work safely in your home.
We’ve created a short video to explain how we’ll make sure both you and our colleagues stay safe during repairs and safety visits.
Please see our Coronavirus update page for the latest information on our services.
Staying safe during repair visits
This video shows what we can all do to stay safe during essential repairs and safety check visits.
When you make an appointment, we will ask if you or anyone in your household has symptoms, is self-isolating or shielding, as advised by the NHS.
If this changes, please contact us immediately.
We will assure you that our operative is symptom free and will be wearing any PPE required for the work.
Before the appointment, please remove any valuables from where the repair will be carried out.
Where possible, leave a window open in the area we’ll be working in, keep the doorways clear and leave the doors open.
- When we arrive, please open the door and stand back.
- Do not shake hands or offer any drinks or refreshments.
- Our operative will clean their hands and tools before and after every appointment.
- You must stay two metres apart at all times.
- Please stay in a separate room during the visit.
- Our operative will remove and dispose of any PPE after the task is completed.
They will let you know if we need to come back to finish the work. You do not need to sign anything.
Together we can get the job done safely and quickly.
Thank you for your cooperation.