We have an exciting new programme of training being delivered across the country for all our customers. These courses are free for Riverside customers who want to be involved in getting yours and other customers voices heard. Helping you to gain new skills and to make a difference in the services we deliver to you. We will also pay for reasonable travel costs.
Training for 2019
Skills for Representing Others
Tuesday 9 April – Carlisle
Thursday 25 April – London
Tuesday 11 June – York
On this course you will:
- Discover how to gather views and feedback effectively.
- Explore what is expected from your role and the skills and knowledge required.
- Practice your communication skills using real life examples.
- Begin to take steps to avoid taking on too much and continue to enjoy your involvement.
Thursday 9 May – Kent
Tuesday 21 May – Liverpool
Thursday 20 June – Manchester
Thursday 4 July – Carlisle
A great opportunity to learn about the basics of housing law from a customer’s perspective.
At the end of the session you should be able to:
- Understand the rights and responsibilities of tenants and landlords.
- Understand the difference between individual and community contracts, the tenancy agreement, different types of tenancies and protected rights.
- Examine security of tenure from the start to the finish.
- Understand repairs and anti-social behaviour laws.
Tuesday 25 June – Carlisle
Feel confident to engage online using social media and Riverside’s online services.
You will learn to:
- Search for information.
- Create an email account.
- How to log on and use social media.
- What are applications (apps).
When selecting the course for you.
All you need to do is fill in the form selecting the course and nearest location to you. Once you submit your form we’ll be in touch to discuss with you any requirements and further details about the venue, times and travel.
If you want to send us an email about our training offer please email us at: [email protected]