What is the Riverside Tenants and Residents Federation
All customers of Riverside’s 50,000 properties are automatically members of the Riverside Tenants and Residents Federation (known as ‘The Fed’). The Fed is the main route for Riverside to consult with customers who receive services from us. The Fed has an Executive body of 16 people who represent the different parts of the Riverside Group. They are elected members who serve for three years. The Fed Executive has a member plus an observer on Riverside’s Group board which means that customers have a voice at the highest decision making table in the organisation.
What has the Fed been doing on your behalf?
- Represented your views in formal consultation with Riverside including the Lettings Policy, the Resident Involvement Policy, The Rental Exchange project, the Group privacy statement.
- Bought a minibus nicknamed ‘Chinwag’ to have an easy way of tenants and staff getting out and about in neighbourhoods to engage with more customers.
- Launched a project to gather contact details to enable them to communicate directly with customers.
- Produced a core brief document which is uploaded on the website after each meeting so that you can see what was discussed and what decisions were made.
- Planned and run a conference with 200 customers from around the country coming together to share ideas and to listen to some interesting guest speakers
- Produced an annual report for customers, by customers to keep you informed of work that is going on around the country to engage with you.
- Agreed to fund and support a second LGBT customer conference for customers to get together and share their thoughts and concerns