How we help at the Jamaica Street Project
The Jamaica Street Project offers emergency accommodation and support for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in Kingsdown, Bristol.
Our high level support aims to increase confidence in managing mental health or drug or alcohol dependency issues, improve life skills and help you move into more appropriate accommodation.
We also offer emergency beds (crashpads) to people sleeping rough in the city via street outreach teams/council referrals.
- A mix of self-contained flats with own bathroom and kitchen, and single rooms with communal facilities or en suite bathrooms
- IT suite, multi-purpose training and meeting room, communal TV and activity lounge and rooftop garden
- Staff on-site 24/7 with a named Support Coordinator who will work with you to identify your support needs
- Person-centred tailored support plan to develop independence and build self-esteem
- Programme of group work around health and wellbeing, with a focus on mindfulness, and accessing employment and training opportunities
- Strong links to specialist mental health and occupational therapy services
- Regular activities and day trips including walking trips and cultural events like Bristol Pride.
How it works
All referrals come via the Bristol City Council Housing Support Register. You must be single, aged 18+ with a local connection to the city. We have space for dogs – we can house five individuals with their dogs at any one time.
We work with you to prepare for a move to more suitable accommodation via liaison with local housing associations and private landlords.
Getting the most out of our service
- We’ll support you in finding a route back into employment and help you access training and volunteering opportunities to boost skills and confidence.
- Our links with specialist mental health and drug and alcohol services will help you find the support you need quickly in a crisis, as well as long-term, to build support networks and relationships.
- We also offer up to three months of follow-up support after you have moved on to make sure you are settled in your new accommodation.
Why we are different
Our service is developed as a Psychologically Informed Environment demonstrated to increase self-worth, esteem, belief and hope, helping achieve the most positive outcome for each person as they identify their own goal, and direct how they would like to use our support in order achieve it.
Jamaica Street Project, 1 Jamaica Street, Kings Square, Kingsdown, Bristol, BS2 8JP.
T: 0117 924 6415
Help us improve Riverside.org.uk
Was this information helpful?