How we help at The Crossings
Based in Hull, The Crossings is a Places of Change scheme for the homeless, providing temporary accommodation with support and training.
It aims to break the vicious cycle of homelessness and workless-ness, offering a skills and training culture.
- Purpose built, high-standard en-suite rooms for single occupation with shared communal kitchen
- Staff on site 24/7 with secure access and a 24-hour manned reception, secure door entry system and 24-hour CCTV
- A one-to-one Support Worker who will develop a tailored Support Plan, with six-weekly reviews
- Advice and practical support on health care and finance
- Support accessing training, volunteering, education and employment opportunities
- Signposting to external support to help with individual needs, such as drug or alcohol treatment
How it works
The Crossings is open to the homeless, or those at risk of homelessness, over the age of 18.
Referrals are via Local Assessment Centres and the Local Authority and any relevant agency, you can also self-refer.
You’ll be invited for a risk and needs assessment to check you are eligible for the scheme.
Getting the most out of our service
- We’ll support you to pursue your ambitions and help find opportunities to develop your skills.
- Your Café is a social enterprise located at The Crossings that is open to the public. It offers training and skills and can help you work towards qualifications in catering and customer service.
- Your Support Worker can help you apply for local grants and budgeting loans to help make your resettlement a success.
Why we are different
The Crossings is more than just temporary accommodation. Our committed team helps you get back on your feet, into your own home and back to work. We offer an enabling environment where you’re empowered to live independently, with a range of practical support and facilities designed to boost confidence.
T: 01482 598370
The Crossings, 55 Great Union Street, Hull, HU9 1AG