What is Elizabeth Court?
Elizabeth Court provides short-term accommodation* and support in Medway for vulnerable young women and where appropriate, their children.
The service is for ‘Looked After Children’ who become young parents or parents to be, and those whose children are subject to care orders.
- Self-contained one-bedroom flats with fridge, cooker, washing machine and digital TV points
- Support Worker to assess your needs and agree a planned programme of support with other agencies, as applicable
- Support to develop independent living skills, self-esteem and self-confidence and around practical life and parenting skills
- Help to access health and social care-related services: benefits, education, training, volunteering, employment and social care
- Help to access rehabilitation/specialist services, dependent on need
- CCTV with electronic door entry system operated from inside each flat
- Comfortable seating area and a playpen, books and toys for children, and communal areas with patio and garden area.
How it works
Referrals are via Medway Social Services or agencies working in child welfare. You must be aged 16 to 24 with support needs.
You must already have or be expecting a child. The service is not suitable for anyone who wants to live full-time with a partner. We work with Medway Council, private landlords, or alternative supported housing to help you move on.
Getting the most out of our service
- We identify and help reduce any barriers you may face in being able to move on in a planned way.
- We’ll support your transition into independent living using a multi-agency approach, and empower you to take more control in all areas of your life.
- Once you move on, we’ll continue our support as required, with weekly contact, for up to three months.
Why we are different
At Elizabeth Court, we understand you may face challenges. It could be a history of offending, substance misuse problems or mental health issues. Our safe, supportive environment and staff work to enable you to take control, build self-esteem and help you move on to an independent life.
*The accommodation and Housing Management is provided by the landlord, Orbit South.
Elizabeth Court, Montgomery Avenue, Chatham, ME5 0HA