Bracken Court offers a unique housing management service, helping clients to maintain their tenancies and find suitable permanent accommodation.
We are based in Lower Wortley and offer 38 one bedroom flats and 12 bedsits in 3 blocks – 4 bedsit in one block with shared kitchen and 2 shared bathrooms with disabled access to one of the bedsits – in a quiet, spacious site.
The properties are in blocks with ground and first floor flats looking onto a landscaped garden area. All flats are fully furnished, have energy efficient electric heating and their own entrance.
The properties are suitable for single people without pets. Each flat has an easy to manage electric pre-pay meter. We ask all new tenants to bring money for electric and we will show them how to purchase it at the local shop. There is no gas on this site.
Bracken Court is staffed with 2 Housing Officers and 2 Project Assistants, working on a rota 7 days a week. They can help with all tenancy related issues, repairs, benefits etc.
- 24 hour staff cover
- On-site laundry
- Award winning landscaped gardens throughout scheme
- Referral available to Engage Leeds Visiting Support Service for customers moving on or needing assistance managing their tenancy
- Extensive CCTV throughout site for safety and security
- Volunteer Co-ordinator based on-site to assist with any volunteering enquiries
- Advice workers available for all benefit and employment related issues
- Housing Management service
- Interpreters could be booked for customers if necessary
This accommodation is not permanent, with an average stay of between 6-18 months. It is available to people with housing need. Our aim is to work with individuals so that they can learn how to successfully manage a tenancy. We will then assist them to find permanent accommodation.
Bracken Court, Gelderd Road, Lower Wortley, Leeds, LS12 6LQ
Tel: 0113 245 8091
Email: [email protected]