The Powerhouse Liverpool, 300 Upper Parliament Street, Toxteth, Liverpool L8 7JU
What is The Powerhouse?
Situated in Toxteth, we provide a temporary, supported accommodation service for young people aged between 16 and 21.
Powerhouse is a 32 single occupancy accommodation provider, you have your own bedroom, living room and bathroom. You will have your own support worker who will help you to achieve your aspirations and set realistic achievable goals, preparing you for your own tenancy.
When you are successful in getting and sustaining your own tenancy, you will receive further support from the Riverside Floating support Team who can help you to access furniture and funding.
To be accepted for accommodation in The Powerhouse, you must:
- be 16-21 years old
- have medium to high accommodation needs
- have no access to settled accommodation
- have been assessed through the ‘MainStay portal’
- be prepared to engage in support.
How we help
While you are living at The Powerhouse, the support services we offer you are:
- developing independent living life skills such as cooking, budgeting and DIY
- accessing relevant physical and mental health services
- accessing and maintaining permanent accommodation
- accessing training and employment opportunities such as apprenticeships and volunteering
- safeguarding and stabilising chaotic lifestyles
- establishing new links within the community
- income maximisation through benefits and welfare advice.
You’ll find IT facilities, training kitchen, lounge/TV room and a training room. We provide cookery sessions alongside additional activities provided by external organisations such as art, photography and well-being. Young Addiction drop-ins are available at The Powerhouse.
With our support you’ll be able to manage your own tenancy, move on to permanent accommodation and be able to identify and access additional support you may need. Ultimately, with our help, you’ll move on from The Powerhouse into your own permanent accommodation.
You will still be able to access our floating support services and drop-in advice sessions based at The Powerhouse.
How do I apply for support at The Powerhouse Liverpool?
There are two ways to apply for support.
- You can apply direct to us for help; just get in touch to set up an assessment interview.
- You can apply via Liverpool’s MainStay system at Liverpool’s One Stop shops or look online at mainstayliverpool.org.uk for other assessment centres that are available 24/7.
T: 0151 288 8100