How we help at The Beacon
The Beacon offers supported housing to single veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and who have support needs.
Based at Catterick Garrison, our team understands the unique needs of veterans transitioning into civilian life.
A friendly, warm, safe supportive base, it offers a beacon of hope to veterans of all ages.
- Self-contained fully-furnished flats with modern kitchens, bathrooms and laundry facilities; disabled access available
- Staff on site 24/7, fob entry access and staffed reception
- One-to-one intensive support planning from your dedicated Support Worker
- Partnership working with organisations such as SSAFA, Walking with the Wounded and RFEA for specialist support
- Training, Education and Employment Centre with IT suite; Wi-Fi available
How it works
Veterans are referred to The Beacon via SPACES (Single Persons’ Accommodation Centre for the Ex-Services) – our national helpline for ex-servicemen and women. Your risks and needs will be assessed and if appropriate, you’ll be offered accommodation. Short term accommodation until you’re confident to move on to independent living.
Getting the most out of our service
- We signpost you to military charities to help meet your individual needs, for example support to re-train in a new career
- You’ll get support to move on to independent living and help finding accommodation with pre-tenancy training
- We’ll signpost you to appropriate Floating Support if needed
Why we are different
The Beacon understands the complex needs specific to veterans, from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder to substance or alcohol misuse. We help you address any needs you may have, and give you the tools to increase your independence, confidence and well-being. Our motto is ‘Stronger Together’. We work with you in your transition to Civvy Street and support your goals and ambitions.
Contact SPACES for referrals to The Beacon
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01748 833797
For more information about Riverside Care and Support’s MoD supported housing services please visit: www.spaces.org.uk
The Beacon, Marne Road, Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire, DL9 3AU