How we help at Vaughan House
Based in Guildford, Vaughan House offers supported housing to those who are single, homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Residents may have complex support needs, such as substance abuse, mental health issues or offending behaviour. We work to create greater independence and success in employment, education or training.
- Your own room with communal bathrooms and kitchens; a dedicated ‘dry’ flat and female-only flat
- 24-hour staff on site in a safe, homely environment with one-to-one support with tailored support plans
- Support to reduce substance misuse with a harm management programme
- Access to education and training initiatives to assist meaningful employment
- Support with tenancy sustainment, maximising your income, and daily life skills such as budgeting and household management
- We work with specialist partner agencies to offer a range of group workshops in areas such as recovery, confidence and wellbeing and building resilience
- Social activities to promote involvement and build self-esteem; involvement with local social groups to help integration into the community
How it works
You’ll be aged 18-65, male or female, and have an established local connection to Guildford or a local authority within Surrey. Our scheme is for those who need support, but are capable of living independently.
Referrals are accepted from the Local Authority and local supporting agencies, with rough sleeper referrals via Guildford’s Homeless Outreach and Support Team.
Getting the most out of our service
- All of our customers will have a resettlement plan. Once you’re ready to move on, we’ll work with you to help you access independent accommodation.
- We help you to embrace a wide-ranging support plan tapping into outside agencies and networks to help you pursue your goals and ambitions.
- Our Customer Involvement Association means you have a say in social events.
Why we are different
At Vaughan House, we support better health and wellbeing, a reduction in anti-social behaviour, and help rebuild family relationships or support networks. Ultimately, we help you break the cycle of homelessness and work towards a healthier, independent life.
T: 01483 504704
5-7 Chertsey Street, Guildford, GU1 4HD
Help us improve Riverside.org.uk
Was this information helpful?