What is Riverside Floating Support?
We provide support in your own home to help prevent homelessness and promote independent living in the borough of Guildford.
- A flexible support service centred on your needs, with regular meetings in your home.
- Support to practically manage and maintain your home.
- A one-to-one Support Worker who’ll work with you to create a tailored support plan, with coping strategies to empower independent living.
- Help to develop daily living skills and assistance with budgeting, welfare, benefit entitlements and form filling.
- Bespoke help including support to reduce offending, address substance misuse, rebuild family relationships and develop new support networks.
- Access to in-house courses at Vaughan House including cookery training, IT skills, drug and alcohol recovery groups and a confidence and well-being course.
How it works
You can receive support if you’re over 16 and live or are about to move into your own accommodation. Referrals are made by any agency, family members or self-referrals via the Local Authority. Following a successful assessment, a Support Worker will visit you in your own home to complete your support plan.
Getting the most out of our service
- Our Risk, Needs and Strengths assessment will help you plan your personalised support package to help you fulfil your ambitions.
- You’ll maximise your income and welfare benefits.
- We’ll work with you for better health and well-being, from maintaining drug and alcohol abstinence to increased confidence and integration into the community.
- You can access social groups, training, education and employment opportunities.
- We’ll work with you to address your needs and develop the skills and confidence to sustain your tenancy now and into the future.
Why we are different
We know a stable home is important. We also know you’ll need more than housing to help you sustain a well-lived life, and understand it can be daunting if you are struggling with complex needs. We put you at the centre of your support plan to help empower you to move on positively and maintain independent living.
Contact us on 01483 504 704.