Beaumaris Road and The Circle are accommodation-based supported housing schemes located in Swindon providing supported accommodation for young parents aged between 16 – 25 years.
The accommodation consists of 12 self-contained, two bedroom flats which are:
- Contain white goods, such as a washing machine, cooker and fridge.
The service also features a large communal facility where we hold regular baby and toddler groups as well as communal gardens for customers.
Referrals are made exclusively via Swindon Borough Council and the criteria is as follows:
- Single pregnant females (not less than 29 weeks)
- Single parents with no more than 2 children under the age of 5
- Couples – 1 child only under age of 5
- Vulnerable, homeless, threatened with homelessness.
Customers are expected to demonstrate a willingness to engage with a personal programme focussing on education, training, employment & life skills and abide by the rules of their tenancy agreement.
Depending on need, we provide a range of housing related support in order that they gain the independent living skills needed to move on to their own independent home including:
- Setting up and maintaining a home and/or tenancy
- Developing domestic, parenting, life, social skills and behaviour management
- Support in managing finances and benefit claims
- Access to other services and local community organisations
- Emotional support and advice
- Health & wellbeing
- Customers will receive at least one, 1 hour key work session per week.
Much of the above can also be offered on a floating support
15-16 Beaumaris road, Toothill, Swindon, Wiltshire SN5 8LJ
Also at: 88, The Circle, Pinehurst, Swindon, SN2 1RF