The Mortons, Laund Road, Salendine Nook, Huddersfield HD3 3GX
Set in a leafy suburb of Salendine Nook is The Mortons, Riverside’s Retirement Living apartments.
With all amenities on the doorstep, you’ll find a Sainsbury’s supermarket across the road, with a GP surgery, dentist, pharmacy, café, Post Office, takeaways, cash point and hairdressers within a few minutes’ walking distance. There’s also a sports club and health spa.
Close to the Pennines, it’s just half a mile from the M62, with taxis and a bus stop offering easy access to Huddersfield town centre (10 minutes away) and Halifax. Just half a mile away is Lindley village, which features several restaurants and pubs.
The Mortons is safe and secure; visitors often refer to it as a friendly hotel, where you will feel right at home. Built in 1986, it has a modern exterior with a large garden wrapping around the building. It offers 26 single and double-occupancy apartments, suitable for people over 55.
At the heart of The Mortons is a large residents’ lounge which overlooks the garden, and features a kitchenette for social events. It’s a great place to meet with friends to enjoy a tea or coffee. A smaller lounge on the first floor offers a pool table, table tennis, dart board and library.
The large garden features a spacious private patio area with comfortable garden furniture so you can enjoy the outdoor space. There are little nooks and crannies where you can relax on your own, paint, read or study.
- Decorate to your own taste.
- Bathrooms with baths or easy access showers.
- Well-appointed kitchen; residents to supply own white goods.
- Own living room.
- Economy storage heating.
- Smoke/heat detectors in each apartment.
- On-site laundry facilities (cost included in service charge).
- Guest room with twin beds and shower room.
- Two communal lounges for relaxation or socialising.
- Large garden with patio seating area.
- Sky television available.
- Secure, fob door entry system.