Riverside is preparing to welcome new customers as they move in to the second of three new housing developments aimed at helping people with care needs live independently.
Available to over 18s, the homes in Cecil Gardens, in the west of Kingston upon Hull, are designed to suit a range of care and support needs.
The bright and modern one and two-bedroom apartments have:
- stylish kitchens
- wet room-style bathrooms
- a full range of white goods
- curtains and carpets throughout
- private balconies or patios.
With the independence of your own private apartment, there’s also a sense of community right on your doorstep. You’re free to come and go as you please, welcoming visitors whenever suits you. And when you need a little extra help, your friendly team is on site to deliver your care package, as well as provide emergency support as required.
There are a range of community-focused activities and some great facilities on offer too.
- Meet up with friends, family or other residents for coffee and cake or a filling meal in our restaurant and cafe.
- Make the most of the outdoors in the communal gardens.
- Treat yourself to a pampering at our on-site hairdressers.
- Get to know your neighbours and try out some fun activities in the communal lounge.
- Join in a variety of activities in our multi-purpose and training rooms.
Adaptable homes for youBack to top
Each apartment can be adapted to make it perfect for you, whatever you’re looking for in a home. And if your needs change as time goes on, then so can your home.
- All rooms have extra-wide doors for easy access.
- Adaptations such as grab rails, shower seats, wheelchair-friendly kitchens and hoists can easily be fitted as required.
- The apartments have been designed to be suitable for customers with dementia
- All homes are fitted with sprinklers, as well as heat, smoke and flood detectors, and a secure video entry system.
Who can live here?Back to top
Are you over 18?
Do you currently receive some level of care or support, either formal or informal?
Are you looked after by an older carer and are worried about what the future might hold?
Or have you been diagnosed with a health condition that means you will need care and support in the future?
If so, our new development could be for you.
Coming soonBack to top
The final development, Redwood Glades in East Hull, will open later this year.