How we help at the Homeless Families Unit Barnsley
The Homeless Families Unit is located in Barley Close, a quiet cul-de-sac in Worsborough, Barnsley.
We offer a friendly community featuring a number of family homes and bungalows. The scheme offers interim accommodation for families awaiting long-term re-housing.
- 2 and 3-bedroomed houses/bungalow, each with their own garden
- Fully-furnished accommodation, including well-maintained kitchens with dining areas, and the provision of a washing machine
- Access to our Housing Officer for intensive housing management support and advice
How it works
Families need to be referred by the Local Authority.
You can stay until the Local Authority decide on their duty to house and find you long-term accommodation. The majority of families move on to Local Authority Housing in the area of their choice.
Getting the most out of our service
- The Local Authority will work with a Housing Officer to source long-term housing solutions to meet your needs.
- A Housing officer can assist with benefit claims, follow-up support, referrals and signposting to other agencies if you need further support.
Why we are different
We understand being in-between homes can be a time of upheaval that can be often stressful and worrying for a family.
Our accommodation offers safe, independent, fully-equipped housing in a friendly community, close to stunning parkland. You’ll have support if you need it, a stable base, and a home-from-home until you’re ready to move on to appropriate accommodation.
T: 01226 785333/ 01226 243324
3 Barley Close, Off Park Road, Worsborough, Barnsley, S70 5AH