3-5 York Rd, Guildford, GU1 4DR
Number 5 Hub provides short-term temporary accommodation with support, for people who are rough sleeping in Guildford, aged 18 or over, with a local connection to Guildford.
Our staff, including dedicated support workers, are available on site 24hrs a day and support our service users to:
- Develop a tailored support plan and support to access accommodation, relevant agencies, including, mental health, substance misuse, benefits/finance, education/employment, counselling, domestic abuse etc.
- Access a ‘trauma-informed’ approach delivered in a psychologically informed environment (PIE) with an emphasis on asset/strengths-based working
- Access support from external agencies to ensure you’re receiving the relevant support
- Access suitable accommodation and attend pre-tenancy meetings to ensure your transition goes smoothly
- Access funding to help customers move on e.g. for furniture and white goods where needed.
- Develop life skills
- Budget and manage debts
- Put in place safeguards to stabilise & manage crisis situations including situations relating to domestic violence, hate crime and anti-social behaviour
- Make links within community
Facilities in the project include a communal dining room and TV lounge, as well as a communal kitchen and laundry facility.
Customers will have your own support worker onsite who will support them throughout their stay at the project.
Service users will receive an individually tailored support plan to help them move on to suitable accommodation and identify paths to achieving personal goals e.g. linked to substance misuse, managing debts/rent arrears, accessing benefits, training and employment opportunities, health and wellbeing.
All referrals for the Number 5 Hub come from Guildford’s Homeless Outreach Support Team (HOST).