How we help at Hull Resettlement (based out of Terry Street)
Hull Resettlement has various Supported Resettlement properties across the community for single homeless people taking their first steps to independent living.
Administered by a Housing Officer, the one-bedroomed flats are suitable for those who have never lived independently before and require minimum support to maintain a tenancy.
- One-bedroomed part-furnished flats with bathroom, lounge, bedroom, kitchen and hallway
- Housing Officer on site for chats or advice, with customer service and out-of-hours staff on call 24/7
- Support to maintain a tenancy including guidance on living skills, finance, and accessing benefits
- Signposting to training or education as required
- Liaison with specialist support agencies for any support needs such as substance misuse or debt advice
- Advice on move-on options and help with housing and grant applications and obtaining furniture
How it works
Referrals are from homeless hostels in and around the City of Hull.
You’ll be ready to move to independent living with support from a housing officer based at the scheme.
Customers should be in treatment for any support needs they require, though the Housing officer will assist as necessary.
Getting the most out of our service
- You’ll develop the ability and confidence to maintain your own tenancy in the community and build up a stable housing history.
- Our service is as hands-on or hands-off as required with support packages tailored to your individual circumstances.
- You will be signposted to relevant agencies for any support issues you have to help you develop a healthy lifestyle.
Why we are different
Moving on to independent living for the first time, in your own home, can be daunting. Hull Resettlement offers the reassurance that there is help on hand if needed. We offer a safe and secure environment, helping you develop the skills you need to maintain a home, so you’ll be ready to move-on to your own tenancy in the community.
T: 01482 310500
28 Terry Street, Hull, HU3 1UD