Thomas Merriman Court, Highfield Avenue, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 5UN
Thomas Merriman Court, Riverside’s Retirement Living apartments, is situated in a leafy, suburban area of Newbury.
Pleasantly quiet, yet centrally located, there are extensive amenities in close proximity. There is a shopping centre within 100 yards , with cinema complex, restaurants and coffee shops. Banks and a Post Office are two minutes’ walk away, with GP surgeries close by.
A bus and train service are just a few minutes’ walk from Thomas Merriman Court for those wishing to travel further afield.
Warm, safe and homely, Thomas Merriman Court was built in 1987 and features four main buildings in rustic brick. It features 14 single occupancy apartments, seven double-sized apartments, and one two-bed apartment, suitable for one or two people over 55.
At the heart of Thomas Merriman Court is a residents’ lounge, with relaxing armchairs and a small library. It’s a great place to meet with friends to enjoy a tea or coffee.
Communal gardens surround Thomas Merriman Court, with garden furniture available to enjoy the outdoor space. It features a Victorian arbour, and a few garden benches. The residents’ lounge also leads on to a patio area.
- Free to decorate to taste.
- Bathrooms some with walk-in showers and level access shower facilities available.
- Kitchen; residents to supply own white goods.
- Own living room.
- Economy electric central heating.
- Smoke/heat detectors in each apartment.
- On-site laundry rooms, free to use.
- Communal lounge area with small library.
- Communal garden with patios.
- En-suite guest bedroom, nominal charge per night.
- Satellite TV socket in each living room.
- Secure, fob door entry system.