Communal area cleaning serviceBack to top
There is a new cleaning service for the communal areas of your building.
We have developed a new set of standards that cleaning suppliers must meet as part of their contract. We also agreed these contracts over a large number of properties, to make sure you get a high quality service that is better value for money.
Here’s a summary of what the new service will include:
Flooring, furniture and fittings
- Cleaning and vacuuming; removing dust, cobwebs, spills and stains
- Checking and cleaning communal light fittings and external porch lights; cleaning light covers (annually).
Walls, windows and doors
- Cleaning walls, windows and doors, including skirting boards, radiators, vents, glass panels and window sills; removing dust, marks and cobwebs
Shower rooms, WC and guest rooms (where applicable)
- Cleaning and ironing bed linen
- Removing dust, cobwebs, debris, stains and odours
- Cleaning and polishing surfaces and leaving a uniform appearance with no visible waterline.
Kitchen Areas (where applicable)
- Cleaning all surfaces; daily checking and spot cleaning appliances, thorough weekly checks and disposal of out of date food items
- Monthly hygiene checks; cleaning around and underneath large appliances.
Bin Stores and Lifts
- Cleaning internal bin stores; removing litter, dust, cobwebs and marks
- Cleaning and deodorising lifts; polishing mirrors.
Junk Mail and external areas
- Removing junk mail, litter, leaves, chewing gum and graffiti
If you have feedback on the service or any questions, we want to hear from you. Please contact the Customer Service Centre on 0345 111 0000. They are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.