How we help at Victoria House
Victoria House gives refuge to people fleeing domestic abuse and supports them to move on to an abuse free life. Our Floating Support service can also support you in your own home.
With safe, secure housing within Victoria House and in dispersed locations, we support and empower men, women and children at risk of domestic abuse.
– Secure self-contained flats with kitchen, bathroom, TV – shared accommodation with own bathroom and communal kitchen
– Communal lounge, playroom, meeting room and large garden
– Activities including IT courses, day trips and seasonal trips
– A dedicated Support Worker who will work with you to tailor a comprehensive support plan to identify your risk, needs and aims
– Drop-in health visitor and a bespoke Children’s Support Worker
– Access to the Freedom Programme to help you identify the signs and effects of domestic abuse, safety planning, and help set goals for your future
– Access to the You & Me Mum course to help families look at the impact and effects of domestic abuse on their children
– Help for you to maintain your tenancy or find a new place to live
– Support for couples if they wish to stay together (the perpetrator must be on a perpetrator programme)
– Assistance with daily life, from benefits, employment, education, debt and signposting to external agencies for bespoke support
How it works
We are an open, caring environment where you can stay until alternative, safe and secure accommodation is found that meets your needs.
Referrals are open to men and women via a range of agencies including the police, social services, domestic violence groups and health services. You can also self-refer via our helpline. We will undertake a risk assessment to ensure you get the best support.
Getting the most out of our service
- Our bespoke Domestic Abuse Helpline can advise and support you and signpost you to the right support: 0800 4701 505
- If you’re staying in one of our dispersed homes, you’ll receive regular visits and welfare calls each evening from refuge staff with intensive tenancy support
- Floating support provides the same services, with regular visits, but delivered in your home or in the community.
Why we are different
We support you to settle back positively into the community, and help you achieve the ambitions identified in your support plan.
Our support goes beyond housing, you’ll receive understanding, caring support from a team who have helped people just like you move on to safe confident, independent living, free from abuse.