105-119 Botcherby Avenue, Carlisle, CA1 2TT
Eden Rural Foyer, Old London Road, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 8ET
South Lakes Foyer, Stricklandgate, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 4RA
Whitehaven Foyer, 45 Irish Street, Whitehaven, Cumbria, CA28 7DB
We operate four foyer schemes across Cumbria in Carlisle, Penrith, Kendal and Whitehaven – and each offers supported accommodation for young people aged 16-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Priority groups supported include:
- Young people for whom the Council has a statutory duty (16 to 17 year olds at risk of homelessness)
- Young people for whom the Council has a statutory duty (formerly looked after children);
- Young people aged under 18 leaving custody.
Our services offer
- Safe and secure accommodation
- Allocated support worker
- Helping young people to identify goals, plan for and achieve them.
- Empowering young people to progress and engage in employment, education and training, and to take an active role in their local communities.
- Helping young people to develop independent living skills.
- Helping young people find long term move on accommodation.
- Non-supported move on accommodation available in most schemes.
Staff are based in within the scheme in a staff office and operate an open door policy so young people can drop in. Staff arrange to see the young people at least once a week for a support session.
The service works with customers to:
- Progress with their Personalised Housing Pathway Plan in the areas that they have identified. The various elements are measured on a scale of 1-10 and reviewed every 4-6 weeks.
- Help them enter into employment, education and training, and to take an active role in their local communities.
- Obtain long term move on accommodation that suits their needs.
- Signpost them to community resources to meet other needs, e.g., mental wellbeing.
In addition our team also deliver activities including:
- My Tenancy Matters – an in-house pre-tenancy course.
- ‘Cooking on a budget’ training
- Various trips and activities – go ape, bowling, a meal out etc.
Referrals to the services are made through Cumbria County Council’s Positive Housing Pathway.
Housing Intervention Support Workers are available for flexible support in their new home through the Cumbria County Council’s Positive Housing Pathway.