How we help at Townsend Gardens
Townsend Gardens is a safe and secure home in the suburb of Selly Oak, Birmingham, for young women who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
We support those who may have experienced domestic violence, sexual abuse or family breakdown, as well as those who are pregnant and homeless or with refugee status.
- Female-only accommodation in a popular and convenient area of Birmingham
- Your own room with fridge and wash basin; you’ll share a bathroom and kitchen diner with four to five other residents
- Communal lounge and TV room, with computer and Wi-Fi access, and laundry facilities
- Staff on site 24/7 with on-call managers available out of office hours
- One-to-one support sessions, dependent on your needs
- Assistance with accessing benefits, budgeting, and preparation for the responsibilities of keeping and maintaining your own home when you move on
- Referrals to external agencies to support your individual circumstances and needs
- Support to access training, education and employment
How it works
To be eligible you’ll be aged 18-35, however we do accept 16 and 17-year-olds provided you can live independently with guaranteed extra support in place.
Referrals come via the Birmingham Gateway, agencies working with young and vulnerable women, and self-referrals.
Getting the most out of our service
- You’ll have a voice at Townsend Gardens and encouraged to feedback to our staff team to suggest any changes at the scheme.
- We’ll prepare you for independent living and help you move-on and find appropriate accommodation.
Why we are different
We understand how important a safe, secure and stable environment is. We’ve taken care to make sure Townsend Gardens is a home from home. You’ll find a friendly environment that will give you a base to build your skills, knowledge and independence.
You’ll be supported in accessing the tools you need to build your confidence and independence, with practical assistance to help you move on to independent living.
T: 0121 471 1462
871 Bristol Road, Selly Oak, Birmingham, West Midlands, B29 6ND
Help us improve Riverside.org.uk
Was this information helpful?