The team based at: Riverside, Suite 3, Alfreton Road, Derby, DE21 4AS
These services offer dispersed, shared housing where under 18’s receive support and over 18’s receive low-level housing management support.
Each customer will live in licenced, shared accommodation in either a 2 bed or 3 bed property where they will have their own fully-furnished bedroom that includes carpets, single bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers and desk. Properties will also include; communal areas consist with shared lounge and television a fully furnished kitchen is fully furnished and a bathroom with either shower or bath or both.
Support includes an allocated support worker for under 18’s or an allocated housing officer for over 18’s who visit properties on a daily basis.
The service supports customers with:
- Help engaging with health services
- Signposting to external agencies
- Engaging in education/training
- Budgeting skills
- Maintaining accommodation
- Gaining independent living skills
- Integrating back into communities.
The Support Team work 8am-6pm while non-office hours are covered through an ‘out of hours’ emergency contact telephone number.
Customers can access co-production through a number of different routes and outcomes for customers supported through the service include:
- Developing and completing individual needs-led support plans for under 18’s.
- Independent living skills achieved.
- Move on to own accommodation
- Enrolled in education/employment or training.
Referrals to these services are made via Derby City Council.