How we help at Mike Jackson House
Based in Aldershot, we offer supported housing to single veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and who have support needs.
Many of the Mike Jackson team are ex-servicemen and women who understand the unique needs prevalent to veterans. It’s a friendly, understanding, stable base that helps transform lives.
- Self-contained flats with kitchenettes and bathroom
- Counselling services in partnership with Combat Resolution and Combat Stress delivered in-house
- One-to-one intensive support planning from a dedicated Support Worker
- Help with basic life skills, access to training and volunteering in the community
- Staff on hand 24/7, with access to specialist staff, including an Employment Mentor
- Partnership working with organisations such as SSAFA, Walking with the Wounded and RFEA for specialist support
How it works
Veterans are referred to Mike Jackson House via SPACES (Single Persons’ Accommodation Centre for the Ex-Services) – a national helpline for ex-servicemen and women who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Your risks and needs will be assessed and if appropriate, you’ll be offered accommodation.
Getting the most out of our service
- We believe peer support is important for veterans and the unique bond they share; we encourage a support network within the scheme and the wider community.
- When you move on, you can contact us in an emergency. We will set you up with the appropriate Floating Support service in the area you move to if you need it.
- We want you to fulfil your ambitions, you’ll have the opportunity to input into resident-led activities, such as music, art and poetry groups.
Why we are different
Our team has years of experience in the forces and related fields and understand the needs specific to veterans, from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder to substance misuse. Our supportive, enabling environment will help you address any complex needs you may have, and increase confidence and well-being. We aim to give you a positive direction for life outside the Forces.
T: 01252 785070
Mike Jackson House, Sheeling Close, Aldershot, Hampshire, GU12 4JZ
Help us improve Riverside.org.uk
Was this information helpful?