The Crossings, 55 Great Union Street, Hull, HU91AG
Based in Hull, we provide floating tenancy-related support to people in their own home who may be:
- struggling with budgeting
- paying bills
- setting up a tenancy
- maintaining a tenancy
Our key aim is supporting our customers to avoid eviction.
To access the service customers must be aged 21 and upwards and in their own tenancy, or be moving into their own home. We can also accommodate clients with complex needs who can be ‘dual worked’.
If customers have mental health issues, substance misuse issues, domestic abuse or any other needs we can sign-post to other agencies.
All customers will have a dedicated Support Worker and receive:
- A risk assessment and support plan tailored to their needs
- A weekly support session
- Advocacy in support of client with relevant agencies
- Signposting to health providers
- Support apply for the right benefits
- Help to access employment and training
Our support workers work with customers to enure that they:
- Maintain their tenancy
- Are in receipt of the correct benefits
- Are registered with a G.P. and dentist
- Address any debts and have affordable payment plans in place
- Reduce anti-social behaviour
Individuals will require a referral to be made by someone already working with them (e.g. doctor, nurse, social worker, housing worker etc.) Referrals are sent to the Single Point of Contact at Hull City Council.