Working with Porchlight to deliver Kent Homeless Connect, we provide accommodation and support at Lily Smith House which provides you with a stable home, focuses on your strengths and empowers you to take the next step towards independence and break the cycle of homelessness.
Lily Smith House provides support and accommodation to vulnerable homeless adults aged 18 and over, with complex support needs, e.g., mental health, substance misuse, trauma, who are rough sleeping, homeless, at risk of homelessness or impacted by homelessness.
From referral, our experienced Coaches will:
- Support you to access services within the community to lead a healthier, more independent life (e.g. Doctors, drug/alcohol services, training and education etc).
- Work with you to identify what your skills, passions and interests are and how we can make the most of these to increase your independence
- Explore move-on accommodation options with you, developing a resettlement plan from day one.
- Develop a support plan with you that makes the most of your strengths, sets out your aspirations and lets us know how we can best support you to achieve them.
Facilities and Services:
Our experienced Coaches provide:
- Floating support for people who have accommodation, but are at risk of homelessness.
- Supported accommodation for people who are currently homeless, with complex needs and need accommodation and support.
- Outreach support for people who are rough sleeping and need immediate routes away from homelessness.
At our supported accommodation service at Lily Smith House, you will find:
- Fully furnished en-suite single rooms with shared kitchen, laundry facilities, dining and TV room; disability access available.
- Self-contained move-on flats and bedsits, including flats for families facing immediate homelessness.
- 24-hour staff cover 7-days a week with CCTV and secure door entry system.
- One to one support and tailored support plans built around your strengths and aspirations.
- A full timetable of activities to get involved in, from practical life skills sessions, to activities focussed on mindfulness, to hobbies and cultural events.
- Advice on move-on and resettlement options.
How it works
All referrals are made through Kent Homeless Connect, which you can access directly or via your Local Authority.
We’ll help you find appropriate move-on accommodation via Local Authority, private landlords or specialist longer term supported accommodation once you’re ready, with six months follow-on support.
Why we are different
More than housing, we empower you to take more control in all areas of your life to maximise your independence. You will already have many of the skills and strengths required to recover from homelessness and lead a more independent life. Our Coaches’ will support you to develop these strengths and achieve your aspirations.
Criteria for applications
Kent Homeless Connect supports vulnerable homeless adults who meet all of the below criteria:
- aged 18 and over;
- are residing in Kent;
- with complex support needs, e.g., mental health, substance misuse, trauma;
- Who are currently:
- rough sleeping
- at risk of homelessness; or
- impacted by homelessness.
For more information:
- If you would like to make a referral to Kent Homeless Connect, you can either:
- Fill in the online form on the Kent Homeless Connect website
- Call the 24-hour helpline on 0800 567 7699
- Approach your Local Authority requesting a referral.
If you would like general information about what’s going on at Lily Smith House, please contact us either by telephone: 01622 621 210 or email: [email protected]
Lily Smith House , 15 Knightrider Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6LP