The Medway ‘Move On’ Service provides floating support to customers living independently in the community in Riverside accommodation in the Medway area.
The service currently provides supported accommodation for individuals who have a background with homelessness, drug and alcohol abuse and both physical and mental ill health.
- accessing statutory services
- improving longer term outcomes through community led support and inclusion
- financial / budgeting support
- supported shopping
- managing health and wellbeing.
The service provides support with:
- Inclusion – connection to community services and local activities and events
- Confidence building – communication skills and empowerment to manage day to day activities with support and to progress towards independence
- Financial / budgeting support and guidance
- Support in accessing healthcare provision in their local area and improving their overall health and well being
- Support in accessing other statutory services including the DWP, banks, adult social care
Our one dedicated support worker and a wider team who have sporadic engagement with the customers provide this service by attending the property and meeting customers in their home. The team works hard to empower customers by meeting them in the community and connecting them to support provision that they can access independently.
There is also a local scheme who are able to provide 24/7 support to customers should an issue arise outside of supported hours.
The outcomes for customers include:
- Improved health and well being
- Improved independence
- Improved self-esteem and confidence
- A sense of belonging in a local community
- Empowerment to take control of their own lives
Customers receive outstanding support from the team, there are formal review and support planning meetings where personal goals and aspirations are discussed and a structured approach to meeting those goals is set out.
Customers are referred at present via local homeless charity stakeholders.