300 Upper Parliament Street, Liverpool, Toxteth, L8 7JU
What is Homeless Prevention Floating Support Liverpool?
Homeless Prevention Floating Support Liverpool helps people who are at risk of losing their home. Our service works with people living in Liverpool, aged 16 and above, to help prevent homelessness.
We will work with you to develop a personal action plan which suits you, helping to manage your license agreement with us and also help you find permanent accommodation. We can provide temporary accommodation if you need it.
Our support workers will either arrange to visit you in your own home or you can call into our office. Generally, we aim to meet with you weekly or fortnightly depending on how much support you need.
Below is a list of the kind of support we offer to reduce the risk of people becoming homeless:
- working with landlords
- budgeting and managing debts
- applying for welfare benefits
- advice on care and counselling services
- putting in place safeguards to stabilise and manage crisis situations
- understanding your tenancy
- dealing with your mortgage
- helping you to organise utilities
- making links with the community.
Following our support you’ll able to manage your own tenancy or move on to permanent accommodation. You’ll also be able to access any additional support needed, identified in your personal support plan.
When you leave our service you can come along to drop-in advice sessions based at The Power House.
Who is Homeless Prevention Floating Support Liverpool for?
- People living in Liverpool.
- Anybody over 16 years of age.
- Owner occupier or tenant.
- At risk of eviction or losing their home.
- Those in need of social or practical support to maintain their home.
How to apply for support
- You can contact us directly for help. Just get in touch to arrange an assessment interview or visit our office.
- Through a supporting referral from an agency. They will go through an application form with you and collect all the information we need and pass it over to us to get in touch with you.
- At one of Liverpool’s One Stop shops.
T: 0151 288 8100