117, Shaw Street, Everton, L6 1HW
What is Shaw Street?
Shaw Street provides support and accommodation for people with low to medium support needs and find themselves homeless for whatever reason.
Based in Everton, to the north of Merseyside, accommodation of 20 self-contained flats are used to house both male and female residents between the ages of 16 and 21 years.
Working with each customer, we help to develop a tailored support plan, with regular meetings and assessments.
To join here at Shaw Street you must be:
- Aged between 16 and 21 years old, and able to live with low level, day time support
- single (or a couple where accommodation is appropriate)
- have no access to settled accommodation
- have support needs that can be met through the provision of supported accommodation for those with low/medium support needs
Offering support to male and female customers, Shaw Street works with people in the following ways:
- developing life skills
- budgeting and managing debts
- applying for welfare benefits
- applying for permanent housing
- advice on care & counselling services
- putting in place safeguards to stabilise & manage crisis situations
- understanding your licence agreement
- helping you to organise utilities
- making links within community
- links with other agencies and services
- help to find training and employment opportunities.