How we help at Brydon Court
Based in Manchester, Brydon Court works with people with complex needs and a history of rough sleeping, to help empower them to become stable in accommodation.
The service deals with single people and couples as well as their pets and provides a high tolerance approach to support that is person centred. Our Outreach team works to engage those most in need.
- A pre-engagement service from a dedicated Outreach Worker, working with you on the streets to ease you into Brydon Court
- A ‘Sit-Up’ service which offers interim beds to help rough sleepers begin to engage, get used to being inside, and access basic help with practicalities, such as accessing benefits
- Bedrooms with shared facilities, and self-contained flats dependant on availability and individual needs; pets allowed
- Visits on-site by a dedicated Social Worker and Nurse
- Volunteer and peer support, many of whom have lived through homelessness and understand the challenges you face
- Signposting to substance misuse support and mental health support as needed
How it works
All referrals are via our dedicated Outreach Worker and the Manchester rough sleepers’ team, who engage with people who are homeless on the streets.
Your Outreach Worker will then help you find move-on accommodation, whether it be long-term housing in the community via the Local Authority or private landlords, or to Rehabilitation services. You’ll be supported with practicalities such as setting up utilities and finding furniture.
Getting the most out of our service
- We don’t enforce regular meetings; our staff work at creating a positive relationship with you to build trust.
- We pro-actively support you, whether it’s an informal chat or more structured support.
- We work with GP services and help create a one-stop service including mental health services, with a focus on harm reduction.
- We’ll make sure you are engaged with relevant partner organisations in the community when you move on.
Why we are different
We understand that building relationships and trust is key. We offer more than just a temporary home, but help you on your journey every step of the way – from the streets to independent living – we’ll support you.
T: 0161 273 1454
Brydon Court, 1-3 Union Street, Ardwick, Manchester, M12 4JD