Support provided at Stopover
Based in Victoria Park, Manchester, we provide short term supported housing for 10 young women aged 16-25 lower risk & need.
All women referred to Stopover need to demonstrate a motivation and commitment to engage in our support service and work towards developing independent living skills and employment during their stay.
- All-female, experienced and committed staff
- Single bedrooms with communal lounge, kitchen and dining room in a safe, homely environment.
- A dedicated Support Worker who will help you to develop a Support Plan, with regular meetings to review your progress.
- Support to identify education, training and employment opportunities working with JobCentrePlus, local colleges and other training providers
- Awareness-raising around personal safety
- Dedicated Support staff available to provide support and advice, from health care to debt reduction
How it works
Referrals to Stopover are via Centrepoint on Oldham St in Manchester. You will be female, aged 16-25 and homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Customers from The Beeches, our sister project, may also be offered a move onto Stopover once they have established a routine in preparation to move on and live more independently.
You’ll receive up to 6 months accommodation with support to identify appropriate move-on accommodation, working with other housing providers.
Getting the most out of our service
- You’ll be supported to help re-establish relationships with family where appropriate.
- We’ll support you to stay safe, improve your mood, motivation & confidence to overcome any barriers to success.
- Training is on hand to develop independent living and tenancy skills via the Centrepoint in order to access appropriate move-on options and to sustain a successful longer term tenancy with help from floating support.
Why we are different
Stopover provides our customers with the opportunity to live more independently with support. Staff are on site 9-5pm Monday to Friday. The project is monitored by security staff overnight from a Riverside project nearby.
Stopover has a homely feel and our person-centred support is developed around your individual risks, needs and your aspirations. We work to help you achieve your potential, in relationships, work and/ or education, and to build confidence by learning new skills to enable you to live self-esteem. You’ll receive practical advice and support to move on to live more independently.
Stopover, 8 Scarsdale Rd, Victoria Park, Manchester, M14 5PS.