Support provided at The Beeches
Based in Fallowfield, Manchester, we provide short term supported housing for 22 young women aged 16-25 considered at risk.
All women referred to The Beeches need to demonstrate a motivation and commitment to engage in our support service and work towards developing independent living skills and employment during their stay.
- An all female, experienced and committed staff team
- Single bedrooms with communal lounge/ diner, kitchen and bathrooms in a safe, homely environment. An emergency bed is also available.
- A dedicated Support Worker who will help you to develop your Support Plan and meet with you regularly to discuss your progress.
- Support to identify education, training and employment opportunities working with JobCentre Plus, local colleges, other training providers & employers.
- Awareness-raising around personal safety
- Dedicated Support staff available to provide support and advice, from health care to debt reduction
How it works
Referrals to The Beeches are via Centrepoint on Oldham St in Manchester. You will be female, aged 16-25 and homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Customers from Stopover, our sister project, may also be offered to move onto The Beeches if they are assessed to require a higher level of support.
You’ll receive up to 6 months accommodation with support to identify appropriate move-on accommodation, working with other housing providers.
Getting the most out of our service
- You’ll be supported to help re-establish relationships with family where appropriate.
- We’ll support you to stay safe, improve your mood, motivation & confidence to overcome any barriers to success.
- Training is on hand to develop independent living and tenancy skills via the Centrepoint in order to access appropriate move-on options and to sustain a successful longer term tenancy with help from floating support.
Why we are different
The Beeches is more than a temporary home. Our person-centred support is developed around your individual risks, needs and your aspirations. We work to help you achieve your potential, in relationships, work or education, and to build self-esteem. You’ll receive practical advice and support to move on to live more independently.
The Beeches, 6 Wilbraham Road, Fallowfield, Manchester, M14 6JZ