How we help at Lucas Court
Lucas Court provides low to medium levels of support and accommodation for homeless people with mental health issues in Romford, Essex.
Our aim is to enable you to develop the skills and confidence to engage in the community, as well as move on to independent living and a place of your own.
- Self-contained bedsits for you to furnish yourself, with own kitchen and bathroom; plus bedsit flat partially adapted for wheelchair use
- Dedicated staff available on site, 5-6 days a week, with out-of-hours emergency on-call service
- One to one Support Worker who will work with you to develop an individual Support Plan based on your needs and aspirations
- Personalised support to pursue vocational or recreational interests with links to day centres, training, education, voluntary and paid work
- Regular programme of workshops on-site including, Shopping on a Budget sessions, healthy eating sessions and daily living skills
- Referrals to external support agencies around specific needs
- Access to our local sister project, The Boundaries, with weekly activities such as arts groups and bingo nights as part of this
How it works
Lucas Court accepts self-referrals as well as referrals via mental health services in the London borough of Havering. You must be single, male or female, aged 18-65 with a diagnosed mental health need, and have an allocated Care Coordinator. Applicants must be sufficiently independent and able to self-medicate.
After your stay, we then work with local housing associations, supported housing providers and private landlords to help you move-on appropriate housing. You’ll then receive three months follow-up tenancy sustainment support from us as part of this.
Getting the most out of our service
- We help you to identify the challenges you face and enable you to set new goals, plan activities, and develop relationships that increase your independence.
- You’ll receive a weekly Activity Calendar of events you can attend and be supported to do this.
- You will need to be willing to engage with our support staff and commit to regular key working.
Why we are different
We aim to give you the skills you need for a more fulfilled life. Our aim is to empower you with the confidence to move on to independent living, breaking the cycle of homelessness.
Lucas Court, Southend Arterial Road, Romford, RM2 6PF
Help us improve Riverside.org.uk
Was this information helpful?