Shepherd Court, Milnrow Road, Rochdale, OL16 5DW
Shepherd Court offers supported accommodation for male and female couples and single people affected by homelessness and aged 16+. This includes people with substance misuse issues, low to medium mental health issues and/or an offending history.
The service consists of 17 single flats and three double flats (for couples) providing temporary supported accommodation and one 3-bed house for emergency accommodation for families. All flats are self-contained and on site facilities include a communal laundry.
Our service offers customers:
- Person-centred support planning
- Regular meetings with their own Support Worker
- Help to liaise with outside agencies/organisations
- Support with move-on/ liaising with local authority and private landlords to address potential barriers
- Signposting and/or referring to other services according to customer support needs
- Support with benefits to maximise income
- Libraries of Targeted Support nutrition and wellbeing, resettlement, confidence and resilience, etc.
Each customer will have their own support worker who will help to devise a plan of support and provide practical advice on day-to-day issues such as accessing a local GP or dentist, local facilities, dealing with debt, correspondence and budgeting.
We help to identify need and personal objectives with the customer and link in with appropriate agencies to provide a wrap-around support package. We also work with outside agencies to encourage in-house training/advice sessions on issues such as substance misuse, harm reduction etc.
Expected outcomes include healthier lifestyles and improved wellbeing, confidence building, self-harm minimisation where appropriate, support for mental health, improved budgeting skills, harm reduction or support for abstinence from substance misuse, successful move-on and sustained tenancies with referrals for ongoing support if necessary.
Referrals to Shepherd Court are made via the Rochdale Borough Housing – Central Assessment Team.