How we help at Cambridge Youth Foyer
We provide support for local 16 to 24 year-olds who are homeless or at risk of homelessness who want to engage in education, training or employment and become independent.
A safe and stable place is really important when you have nowhere to go. Whether you can no longer live at home or are leaving care, we give you the space you need in a warm, friendly atmosphere. Our focus is to support your individual needs to help you move on in life.
We work with you to help fulfil your ambitions and reach your goals.
- Shared houses for 2 or 4 people, each with fully-equipped kitchen and bathroom, or self-contained flats and access to a garden; disabled facilities with easy access bathrooms
- 24-hour support, with a day-team of project assistants and support workers
- Support around life-skills and wellbeing, budgeting, health, education, employment and training, working with outside support agencies
- IT suite available open till midnight to help you complete college work, course work, or help job seeking
How it works
- Referrals can be made through The Young Futures Partnership via the Housing Advice Team at Cambridge City Council.
- Housing advice service: 01223 457918
- Out-of-hours emergencies: 0330 053 8109
Please contact the service directly if you require any further information.
Getting the most out of our service
You’ll find the space, time and tools to help create new opportunities for your future. All we ask is you attend your support sessions, ask us for the help you need, and talk about your ambitions so we can put the right support plan in place.
- When you arrive, you’ll have your own dedicated support worker who will work with you to help you develop a plan to achieve your goals.
- We want you to pursue your passions – you can suggest new activities and get involved in the running of the Foyer.
- Our Move-on flats offer a stepping-stone to help you take that next step. After your stay, you should be equipped and ready to taken on a tenancy. Move-on support is available if you need it once you move into your own property.
Why we are different
It’s more than housing. We support you emotionally and practically, whether it be reconnecting with your family, finding work or moving you towards independence.
Cambridge Youth Foyer, 1, Rustat Close, CB1 3NG