Hardwick House, managed by Riverside is a supported housing project located in Teesside, comprising 20 single self-contained flats, housing single ex Service veterans experiencing homelessness or at risk of experiencing rough sleeping.
We provide accommodation on a short term basis (up to 18 months) and supports customers to develop the skills they need to live independently and go on to move on into independent housing in their area of choice. Hardwick House has four main pillars of activity, which are:
- Independent living skills development
- Health and Wellbeing
- Training and Education in readiness for employment
- Structured transition into independent housing
Hardwick House provides for Veterans:
- Staffing 24/7 all year round.
- A range of support plans ensuring successful transition to civilian life.
- Support to maximise income
- Support to engage with specialist services such as Op Courage
- Services & activities which are engaging, creating self-respect & support networks.
- A skilled staff team who understands the needs of veterans.
- A gateway to training and employment for Veterans.
- Advice on housing, welfare benefits and other matters.
Partnership working with organisations such as SSAFA, RBL, Walking with the Wounded and RFEA for specialist support.
Key Outcomes for veterans
- Ability to maintain a tenancy independently
- Improved work readiness or employment
- Improved mental and physical health
- Reduced substance dependency
- Improved social and informal support networks
- Successful transition to civilian life
Veterans can live at Hardwick House for up to 18 months while they engage in a programme of planned support, moving on to live independently in the community.
Accessing Hardwick House
We will work with all single service leaver regardless of length of service or reason for discharge. Referrals can be made via Op FORTITUDE:
On line at https://opfortitude.my.site.com
Or by freephone on 0800 952 0774