Hardwick House, managed by Riverside Care and Support is a supported housing project located in Teesside, comprising 20 single self-contained flats, housing single ex Service veterans who were homeless or at risk of becoming rough sleepers.
It provides accommodation on a short term basis (up to 18 months) and facilitates residents move on into permanent housing in their area of choice. Hardwick House has 3 main pillars of activity, which are:
- Structured transition into permanent housing
- Health and Wellbeing
- Training and Education in readiness for employment
Hardwick House Provides For Veterans:
- Staffing 24/7 all year round.
- A range of support plans ensuring successful transition to civilian life.
- Flexible staff cover for the provision of a reactive service.
- Services & activities which are engaging, creating self-respect & support networks.
- A skilled staff team who understand the needs of veterans.
- A gateway to training and employment for Veterans.
- A source of help for those with complex and interwoven issues.
- A gateway to temporary & permanent accommodation and support services.
- Advice on housing, welfare benefits and other matters.
- A catalyst for services from other agencies.
Hardwick House Offers Veterans:
- Training and employment
- IT suite
- Training kitchen
- Multi-function room
- Gateway counselling
Key Planned Outcomes
- Reduce worklessness
- Integrate veterans back into the community
- Help reduce social exclusion & homelessness
- Help veterans to engage with external support
- Help address complex health issues
- Ensure a holistic approach to resettlement
Veterans are able to live at Hardwick House for a maximum of 18 months, in that period staff and associated agencies will work with them to help with their eventual move on.
An Inspiring Design
- A contemporary building
- A safe and secure environment
- A modern & contemporary design
- Close to local amenities
- Good public transport links
Hardwick House Apartments
- High quality one bedroom apartments 50sq.m in size
- Furniture & white goods supplied
- Communication system to duty office
- Fully equipped kitchen area
- Independent living environment
Accessing Hardwick House
We specifically target vulnerable and homeless Service leavers, especially those with a desire to learn new skills.
We will work with all single Service leaver regardless of length of Service or reason for discharge. All referrals will be via the Single Persons Accommodation Centre for the Ex-Services (SPACES).
You can fill out the simple online referral form at the top of this page or you can speak to a member of the spaces team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01748 833797.
For more information about Riverside Care and Support’s MoD supported housing services please visit: www.spaces.org.uk