How we help at The Stages Academy?
The Stages Academy is a Places for Change scheme that offers trial flats for the most vulnerable and socially excluded homeless in Middlesbrough, Cleveland.
It offers meaningful activities with practical and emotional support to help prevent homelessness, reduce re-offending, promote health and well-being, and tackle exclusion.
- Stage 1 accommodation with communal kitchens and shared bathrooms – all rooms are self-contained with wet room
- Stage 2 training flats, with your own kitchen to help build confidence and independence
- Staff team available 24/7 with 24-hour reception cover and concierge for secure key management
- A one-to-one Support Worker who will work with you to develop a tailored Support Plan, with regular meetings and assessments
- Help to identify support with education, training and employment opportunities
- Assistance with wider life-skills and practical tools for daily living, such as shopping on a budget and healthy eating sessions
- Signposting to specialist services for treatment for drug and alcohol misuse, domestic abuse or to improve family relationships
How it works
The Stages Academy is open to the homeless or those at risk of homelessness with support needs, aged 16 to 65.
You’ll be risk and needs assessed to identify suitability for the scheme.
Getting the most out of our service
- We aim to move you positively back into the community in a staged programme, designed to increase your confidence and help you move on to independent living.
- You can access our on-site health facility open to the homeless with a GP and health care assistant offering health checks and advice, chiropody, referral and signposting.
- We’ll help identify appropriate move on accommodation working with private landlords and local housing associations.
Why we are different
The Stages Academy is a place that understands the difficulties facing the most excluded and vulnerable.
We offer more than a roof, but a structured support plan developed around your needs to improve your quality of life, in a caring, friendly and supportive environment.
T: 01642 733560
The STAGES Academy, Bridge Street West, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS2 1AB
Help us improve Riverside.org.uk
Was this information helpful?