Westminster Transitional Housing Approach (THA) offers transitional, and housing-led accommodation to single adult individuals with either a history of homelessness, rough sleeping, mental-ill health, substance misuse and offending behaviours – across multiple sites in Westminster.
21 units of transitional accommodation provides rapid, intensive strengths-based assessment of needs, assets and likely move on destination within 12 weeks. Support staff are on-site prepare individuals experiencing homelessness for their next step through a holistic focus on their health, wellbeing, support networks and maximising their income.
Key features of our transitional service include:
- Strengths based support in a trauma and psychologically informed environment
- Regular 121 support from a caseworker
- Life-skills focused support
- Holistic focus on health & wellbeing, support networks and income maximisation
- Harm reduction and multi-agency work
- Resettlement support
Our transitional units have staff on site 24/7 and customers have access to a communal lounge and kitchen facilities.
Housing Led Service
Our 35 units of housing-led accommodation are Housing First inspired. Our staff provide floating support which is voluntary but intense, with a focus on harm reduction, multi-agency working and client-led move on.
This floating support is provided through 121 support from a caseworker and each customer develops their own tailored support plan, personalised to individual needs empowering them to:
- Establish links to external health & wellbeing services
- Engage with social and life skill activities
- Explore interests in education/training/employment
- Become tenancy ready
- Prepare for move on and independence
Referrals are received via Westminster City Council Housing Solutions team.