Riverside is a proud member of the Learning Disability and Autism Housing Network (LDAHN). The LDAHN is a coalition of 12 housing associations calling for action to address the barriers for new, sustainable quality housing for people with a learning disability and/or autism.
There is clear evidence that strategically planned and sustainable, quality supported housing for people with a learning disability and/or autism provides long-term positive benefits for them and delivers value for money for social care and health commissioners.
Today, members are launching the Charter at the National Housing Federation’s National Housing Summit 2021 with four calls for action:
- Government to create a more comprehensive and integrated national and local planning and policy framework for supported housing for people with a learning disability and autism.
- Government to create the conditions for growth of supply by allocating a higher proportion of the new affordable homes programme to new housing for people with learning disability and autism.
- A rent standard that supports the commissioning and funding of new supported housing for people with high support needs.
- A long-term sustainable, consistent housing benefit regime for supported housing.
Launching the Charter
You can join members on Thursday 25 March 2021 as they launch the Charter during the session Investing in homes and services to support people with learning disabilities at 1.20pm.
Support the coalition
- Download the Charter
- Follow the Learning Disability and Autism Housing Network on Twitter
- Visit the Learning Disability and Autism Housing Network page
- Read the blog by John Verge, chair of Learning Disability and Autism Housing Network and CEO at Golden Lane Housing ‘Why we must work together to provide quality housing and support for people with a learning disability and autism’
The founder members are Ability Housing Association, Advance, Care Housing Association, Golden Lane Housing, Home Group, Irwell Valley Homes, LiveWest, Onward, Places for People, Progress Housing Group, Reside, and Riverside.