Riverside aims to be open and accountable to customers, stakeholders and other service-users. We aim to make information easy to find for other interested parties such as partners, regulators, politicians and members of local communities. We also encourage employees or others with serious concerns about any aspect of our work to come forward and express concerns.
Our guiding principles are that we will:
- Provide information in a way which reflects the wishes and needs of customers and other interested people
- Make information available about our plans, decisions, policies, standards, and performance
- Provide information about how we are governed, our finances and how we achieve value for money
- Make sure information is easy to find, relevant, accurate and wherever possible self-explanatory
- Respond to requests in a way which is cost effective and proportionate
- Always act lawfully and comply with any requirements set by our regulators
Although we have chosen to adopt an open approach we are not classed as a public authority for the purposes of the Freedom of Information Act and are therefore not bound by it. For more information on what you can expect from organisations which handle your personal data, please see the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
What this means in practice
What we publish routinely
We publish and provide the following information in different ways and formats to meet the diverse needs of our customers. In many cases we use our website to share information but we may print some documents such as leaflets and newsletters. We also use social media channels such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Annual Financial Statements
- Our Chief Executive’s salary package
- Details of all expenditure over £500 on regeneration work funded via the regulated Affordable Homes Programme
Our service standards, performance and plans:
- A comprehensive list of all our main policies, which are available on request
- Information on our services and how we manage our properties
- Our annual report to tenants
- Plans for major repairs and improvements to homes in each division
Value for money:
- Information on Value for Money, which is included in our Financial Statements and the Annual Report to Tenants. We provide information comparing our costs and performance with that of other social landlords
How we are governed:
- A clear explanation of how we are governed, including how Board members are appointed and their biographical details and photographs. We also publish information on our Board members’ declared interests, such as directorships of other companies
- Minutes of our Group Board meetings, which are published with redactions
Fire Risk Assessments (FRAs):
- We are committed to being open and honest with our customers about how we ensure safety in the home
- The safety of our customers is our absolute priority and we comply with all legal responsibilities to ensure your safety. This includes carrying out FRAs in all buildings where there are common areas and taking the required follow-up action(s)
- We own or manage eight properties which are six storeys or above and have produced summarised FRAs for each of these buildings which are available on our website. We will also provide a summarised copy of a FRA for any resident requesting it for their building.
Information available upon request, and when we will not provide information
Individuals and groups can request information about Riverside that is not routinely published. We will comply with these requests wherever possible and respond within 20 working days.
In some cases we will be unable to provide information requested. This is likely to be the case where:
- It would involve disclosing personal information to a third party as defined by the Data Protection Act
- The information is confidential or commercially sensitive
- The information is in draft form
- Disclosure is prevented by law
- The information is not readily available/ is difficult to access
In these circumstances we will respond to the request within 20 working days explaining why the information cannot be provided.