What is SPACES?
Single Persons Accommodation Centre for the Ex Services, SPACES, is a housing advice and placement service for veterans.
SPACES targets the most vulnerable of Service leavers, regardless of rank, length of service, or reason for discharge.
- Helps to secure appropriate accommodation when you leave the Armed Forces to reduce the risk of homelessness or rough sleeping.
- Help to find accommodation no matter where you are located across the UK.
- We will provide support for up to 12 months prior to discharge if you don’t have identified accommodation. The SPACES team will maintain contact with you until suitable accommodation is secured.
- We have established referral pathways into veterans accommodation across the country via a network of partner agencies.
- If you are married or a single parent, we will refer you to the Joint Service Housing Advice Office.
- We will assist Foreign & Commonwealth Service personnel with housing needs.
Our unique offer
SPACES is unique in providing a national network of supported housing options for veterans who have a range of needs. Our links with many other veterans charities and housing providers means that we can match you with the most appropriate accommodation offer – whether that is independent housing or high levels of support within Riverside’s own accommodation services.
Some of our team at SPACES are veterans themselves. We understand leaving the structured life of the services can leave you vulnerable to homelessness. You may have little understanding of how to secure rented accommodation, have no experience of budgeting or setting up home or have problems unique to veterans.