Have you been affected by homelessness?
Find out more about what services we offer in your area.
Ending Homelessness Together
In 2018/19 Riverside supported over 12,000 people who were homeless or at risk of homelessness, subsequently supporting many into employment or a planned move on.
As the largest provider of supported housing for people affected by homelessness in the UK we believe that vulnerable people should have access to support services that will enable them to make meaningful changes to their lives. That’s why we are working with a whole range of partners across the country to maximise our impact in working towards our common goal of – Ending Homelessness Together.
By working together, with partners, and delivering services in an asset-based, person centred, psychologically informed way and by offering powerful messages of hope for an alternative, positive future, Riverside teams are able to build self-worth and motivation to change, alongside tools to maintain resilience and sustain healthier lifestyles.
We deliver homelessness services in a number of models, according to the requirements of commissioners and local need of the people who will use the service.
Models we currently deliver across the country include:
- Accommodation based services in hostel- type premises, with high levels of support via 24 hour staff.
- Rough sleeper services including shelters and outreach.
- Housing First accommodation-based services.
- Accommodation based services in self-contained units, used as a move-on from more intensive support or as an earlier intervention to prevent the need for high support services. Staff may be on site during office hours, or visit at set times.
- Gender specific accommodation services, with interventions tailored to the needs of women, often with multiple and complex needs, in recognition that many homeless women are at risk of abuse from their male counterparts.
- Homeless family accommodation, as a temporary solution while households are having their applications investigated and are awaiting ‘decisions’ from Local Authority housing teams.
- Accommodation based services for people with multiple and complex needs, who will have at least three of the following needs: housing/homelessness, mental ill-health, substance misuse, and offending histories.
- Community based support for people in their own tenancies, aimed at preventing homelessness and/or sustaining tenancies after a period of homelessness.
- Specialist supported housing and advice for Veterans.
- Units within other accommodation based services which are suitable for couples.
- Accommodation which accepts people with dogs.
- Drop-in/advice services for people who are, or are at risk of homelessness.
Wherever we work and whatever services we deliver we believe that by working with partners – be that customers, local authorities, referral partners, other providers indeed any stakeholders in the communities we work – we have one aim and that is that by coming together in this way, we really can achieve our ultimate goal of – Ending Homelessness Together.
We are always keen to discuss the needs of commissioners and how we can work in partnership to address local issues in order to tackle and prevent homelessness. If you would like an informal chat about partnering with Riverside, please fill out the form below and we will be in touch.
Help us improve Riverside.org.uk
Was this information helpful?