Centenary House, Mount Street, Derby, DE1 2HH
What is Centenary House?
Centenary House is a safe and secure hostel for homeless people in a busy residential area of Derby, with a number of the units specifically designed for alcohol dependent customers.
We provide the support, advice and temporary accommodation to help prepare you to move on to independent living and achieve personal goals and ambitions.
- 32 beds with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities – alcohol dependent units will have a fully equipped but restricted kitchen and food is provided by staff.
- A welcoming and homely environment with flat screen TVs in the communal lounges and a large garden to enjoy.
- Regular safety checks to make sure all residents are accounted for whether they are in or out of the building.
- A dedicated Support Worker who listens to your needs. They will develop a tailored individual support plan just for you.
- Opportunity to socialise and take part in structured activities to develop skills such as games evenings, DVD nights and pool competitions.
How it works
You can access our services by referral from Milestone House, Derby. If you present yourself as homeless, we will add your name to our waiting list and carry out any relevant checks before offering you a room if there is availability.
Getting the most out of our service
- We will make sure you have the practical tools you need to move on to a sustainable tenancy.
- The more feedback you give us, the better service we can provide you and the people who stay at Centenary House in the future.
- We will help you access support from external agencies for when you leave our accommodation.
Why we are different
Your recovery is our main priority, it’s for that reason we provide an alcohol and drug-free living environment where there is less risk of being influenced by others.
With with our team of specialist Support Workers on hand at all times, we can help guide you to a healthier, more independent life as well as helping you rebuild family relationships or support networks.
Centenary House is a home from home, where you’ll be free to regain your confidence and wellbeing comfortably at a level and pace suited specifically to your needs.